Over the next several weeks, we will be sending out additional resources and updates on the impact of COVID-19 on your personal and business plans. As such, be sure to watch for our newsletters, blogs, emails, webinars, and posts to our website (www.nvestateplan.com). In the interim, following is a checklist of short-term actions you can take to assure your estate planning remains a success:
- Conduct a “fire drill” of your estate planning documents, if not done within the last 3 years, i.e., do you have a complete, comprehensive, and current estate plan.
- Confirm all of your assets are in alignment with your estate plan, i.e., are your assets titled in the name of your Living Trust, and beneficiary designations updated.
- Clarify the location of your important papers (Will, Trust, Powers of Attorney, Insurance Policies, Bank Statements, etc.) and communicate the location to your named successor trustee(s) and key family members.
- Communicate with your family members regarding your wishes and expectations about your estate plan.
- Complete the personal stuff, i.e., complete your Personal Property Memorandum and Memorial Instructions in your estate planning binder.
- Connect (safely) with your friends, family, and others; don’t allow “social distancing” to become “social isolation.”
- Contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your estate planning or if there is any need to update the same.
All of us at Stone Law Offices are here to assist and support you as we all work through this challenging period together. If you have any questions, or if you need assistance with the review or update of estate planning, probate, trust administration, asset protection, and business planning legal needs, please do not hesitate to contact us at 702-998-0444, or schedule a complimentary consultation.
We look forward to the future time when we sit together in a COVID-19 free world. In the meantime, stay safe and stay healthy!!!